Warranties, Repairs and Returns
Wallaces Office Furniture's goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law Act. Customers are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure of any of our goods. Customers are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
We may not be required to provide a remedy if a consumer:
- simply changes their mind, decides they do not like the purchase or has no use for it
- discovers they can buy the goods or services more cheaply elsewhere
- has damaged the goods by using them in a way that was unreasonable.
Q: What is the length of Warranty?
All Office Furniture products are backed by a 12 month comprehensive warranty for their intended use.
Q: What are the Warranty Terms and Conditions?
Wallaces Office Furniture warrants all goods for a period of 12 months under normal usage, to be free from defects in material and workmanship. Wallaces Office Furniture's liability under this warranty is to repair or replace (at its discretion) any part or product covered by this (or any implied). Furniture items and chairs have maximum weight capacity’s which must be adhered to as chairs and furniture show specific signs of wear if they have been subjected to weights exceeding their limits or misuse which will cause the warranty to be void. Wallaces Office Furniture will often send a part which may have been determined as faulty this part will need to be swapped over by the user for example a faulty chair back or drawer.
This warranty does not cover:
- Any normal wear and tear.
- Any damage from abnormal use, or abuse.
- Products which have not been maintained, or which have been modified;
- Any indirect or consequential loss.
- Any shipping costs for the return of warranty items (new items supplied to cover the product if deemed faulty will be shipped FREE of charge) the warranty item must be returned by the user to our nominated warehouse before a replacement item is shipped.
- Any packaging or boxing of furniture items that are being returned under warranty.
- Any site visits to view products or repair products.
- Any item that has been assembled by the consumer incorrectly causing failure.
This warranty applies only to the original purchase. Proof of purchase is required. All works carried out by a party under instructions from Wallaces Office Furniture will be covered by the 12 month warranty on workmanship and repair. If the workmanship of the repair is deemed by Wallaces Office Furniture to be faulty a new item will be provided.
All other warranties express or implied, are excluded.
Q: What do I do if I have a problem with a product?
Wallaces Office Furniture is committed to customer service and quality office furniture. Please follow the simple procedure below so we can
review your warranty claim
You need to send us written confirmation of the below items (via email, fax or post) as warranty claims over the phone will not be excepted.
- Invoice for proof of purchase
- Name and description of goods
- Brief outline / description of what you think the problem or fault is that should be covered by warranty
- Pictures of the product are also needed as part of the claim (emailed or posted)
Send this information to:
Fax: 07 3398 8170
Post: PO Box 1543, Carindale Qld 4152 (warranties department)